An effective hardgainer exercise routine requires less intensity, reduced volume, and lesser frequencies. In short, you have to work with lower intensity, with fewer sets, for fewer sessions each week.
A hardgainer also has to work way more strategically.
- Get 8 + hours of sleep each night
- Take in at least 6 higher-protein meals a day
- Take your supplements, but don't rely on them ONLY. True food matters.
- Train three times a week (or every other day time if you're impatient)
- 2-3 sets for every major bodypart
- 6-10 reps per set, none to failure (once in a while, take the last set of each exercise to concentric failure)
- Your primary exercises are Squats, Bench Press, Overhead Press, Rows, and Deadlifts
- Add a bicep and a tricep exercise, a couple of sets each